Monday, February 6, 2012

Host a dolly birthday party! Make your own supplies!

I love doll parties it is one of the most fun things to set up with dolls! Jenna came for a birthday party with Saila. I wanted to share with you how I make my party hats. You can use paper or you can use felt as I have.
To make your own party hats for your dolls you will need:
-1 side salad plate to trace each tracing creates 2 doll hats
- scrap book paper (or felt but you will have to sew it!)
-stickers
-tape
*sewing machine if you are using felt

Step 1 trace a side salad plate circle on your paper or felt and cut it out.
Step 2 fold you circle in half and cut on the fold
Step 3 fold the edges together and tape to create your hat (or sew along the line and turn inside out for the felt hat)
Step 4 decorate your hat with stickers if you would like
Step 5 repeat with the other hat
Step 6 place on your dolls heads and enjoy!
 To create an easy place mat for your dolls cut a rectangle out of fun foam, mine measure 2.5 inches by 3 inches.

To create a doll sized napkin cut a paper cocktail napkin in half and then fold it into a doll sized napkin! Small fuzzy elastics for your hair make great doll sized napkin holders!
I hope you enjoyed today's post.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment